Do we really need an excuse to eat chocolate? I don’t.
And what about love? Shouldn’t it be celebrated every day of the year? I think so.
I mean, really. What’s the deal with this whole Valentine’ s day thing? I’ve lived here for almost 20 years, and still don’t get it. Overpriced roses and awful heart shaped chocolate. Drives me off the wall.
I say, let’s eat chocolate and spread love every day. Who’s with me???
And here’ a little incentive, just in case you need it. How about Spanish style hot chocolate? Don’t think my recent trip to Barcelona was all fun and games… I did my homework and experimented with my mom to come up with this amazing recipe.
Just a warning though. This, is intense. A chocolate explosion that will knock your socks off. And, will leave you filed with antioxidants. Talk about love!!
Cook time: 7-10 minutes
Ingredients (makes 2-4oz cups)
– 5 tbsp good quality pure unsweetened cocoa powder (we like mixing 2 different brands to add complexity to the flavor. Here we used Droste and Lake Champlain unsweetened cocoa powder)
– 4 tbsp sugar
– ½ tbsp corn starch
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
– 1 cup water
– Organic whipping cream (optional)
1) Combine both cocoa powders, sugar and corn starch in a small bowl
2) Pour COLD water into a small sauce pan, add cocoa mixture and start cooking at medium low heat, stirring constantly.
3) Cook until it thickens and serve immediately in 2 small mugs.
4) Whip cream and add a dollop on top of the chocolate.