agave, blueberries, brown sugar, coconut, cooking, cooking blog, cranberries, flax seeds, gluten free, granola, home made, how to, Kosher, may I have that recipe, oats, Parve, pecans, raisins, recipes, video recipes
I used to find myself caught in what I call the “never ending milk-cereal vicious cycle”. You know what I’m talking about, right??
You start off your morning with a bowl of cereal. You think you have the perfect milk to cereal ratio. Before you know it, the cereal is gone and you’re left with a bowl of milk. So you dump more cereal in. Way too much. Now you need more milk. And so on… And before you know it, you’ve downed a quart of milk and half a box of cereal. NOT GOOD.
I had to put an end to it. So I found the solution. Yogurt and granola. Better yet. When I became vegan, coconut or almond milk yogurt and home made granola. So good. Sounds daunting?? Well, it’s not.
Actually, granola is one of the easiest things to make. And the greatest thing about it is that you can make it however you like it. Be free. Be creative. Let your imagination run wild. Bet you can’t do that with the store bought stuff, eh?
So go ahead, break the cycle. Give it a try. And feel free to share your creative ideas with us!!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (Makes about 20- 1/4 cups servings)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, unsulphured, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbs apple juice
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup golden flax seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried raisins
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 275 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix oats, coconut, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl mix oil, vanilla extract and agave nectar.
- Add the oil mixture to the oats. Mix it really well with your hands until the oats are coated evenly.
- Add the apple juice and squeeze the mixture together to form some clusters.
- Add pecans and flax seeds. Mix well.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet, to form one single, thin layer ( you may need to bake it in two batches)
- Bake for 45 minutes at 275F, checking and mixing every 10-15 minutes so it cooks evenly.
- Let it cool slightly and add dried fruit. Let it cool completely and store in air tight container.
- ENJOY !! from May I have that Recipe