So, after posting the humus recipe, I showed it to my dad, and let me tell you something: he was a happy camper. And not because we posted his “authentic” recipe, but because he saw something written about him ON THE INTERNET!! THE INTERNET!!! My goodness is he fascinated by it. To him, it is THE most amazing thing. He can’t quite understand it, or how it works, or how all the information magically appears on the computer… but he is amazed by it.
And now, he’s all into the blog, trying to come up with new recipes for us to post. Like the one we’re posting today. Which, by the way, goes perfectly with humus! Put them together and you’ll have a healthy, balanced, super flavorful complete vegan meal.
So thank you Papi and congratulations… You are “on the internet” again 😉
Prep time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 2 pita pockets
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ orange pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp sumac
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt to taste (we used 1 tsp)
Preheat the oven at 375F
- Separate each pita pocket, place them on a cookie sheet and drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on each half
- Bake in the oven until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and parsley.
- Add sumac and salt.
- Brake the toasted pita into small pieces over the salad
- Add lemon and olive oil and toss well.
- ENJOY!! From May I Have That Recipe