I LOVE mangoes. And I LOVE chia seeds. Actually, it’s more like an obsession I’ve had lately with these two ingredients. For weeks now I’ve been driving Ruth and my family crazy trying different recipes. And let’s just say that I hit a couple of bumps on the road before I succeeded…
First came the tofu mango mousse which, yeah, came out as bad as it sounds.
Next came the mango chia rice pudding, which sounded great in theory… but ended up being a big fiasco involving raw rice (don’t ask…).
And then… Then came the chia mango “gel”… Believe me when I tell you, it’s better we all forget I ever made that one. Total disaster ( I think my kids still run the other way when I mention it).
I don’t consider my self a particularly stubborn person. But in this case, I was determined to keep trying until I came up with a great (edible) recipe.
Until I finally got it. And after weeks of driving myself (and everyone else) crazy, the simplest recipe turned out to be the big winner. 5 ingredients and ice pop molds, that’s it!
See, being persistent pays off at the end. You know what they say: “It’s not how many times you fall that matters, it’s how many times you get back up”
- 3/4 cup organic dried mango, chopped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage (we use Silk Pure Coconut)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk*
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 tsp orange blossom water (optional)
- Soak dried mango and chia seeds in coconut milk beverage for 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine canned coconut milk, sugar and orange blossom water. Mix well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add soaked mango, chia seeds and coconut milk beverage
- Pour mixture into ice pop mold and place in the freezer until hard
- Enjoy!! From May I Have That Recipe
*Tip: Freeze extra canned coconut milk in an ice cube tray and use later in soups, desserts, etc!