almond milk, breakfast, coconut oil, cooking, cooking blog, cornmeal, flax, healthy, Kosher, may I have that recipe, oats, Parve, raspberries, recipes, Silk, soy yogurt, sugar, vegan, vegetarian, whole wheat flour
The countdown is on. In 24 hours we will be on a plane headed to Barcelona for 3 weeks.
3 weeks that will be spent with our friends and family. I can’t even begin to explain how excited I am. Even though I was there just a few months ago with my daughter Raquel, this time the experience will be totally different. Because we’re going to our cousin’s wedding, literally our entire family will be there from all over the world.
And of course, we’ll get to eat the most amazing food… Home made meals prepared by my mom and the most flavorful fruits and veggies from my dad’s garden. Oh, we’re gonna be so spoiled…
Don’t worry though, just because we’re away doesn’t mean we won’t be sharing our amazing experience with you. So stay tuned, I think you’ll like what’s coming!
But before we go, we’ll leave you with this awesome breakfast to start the week and to enjoy in the meantime.
- 3 tbsp water or almond milk
- 1 tbsp flax meal (we use Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ cup old fashion oats (we use Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats)
- ½ cup cornmeal (we use Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1- 6oz container of vanilla soy yogurt (we use Silk Live!)
- ¼ cup vanilla almond milk (we use Silk Pure Almond)
- Cooking spray
- Raspberry Sauce (recipe follows)
5. Whisk together until just combined. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
8. ENJOY! From May I have that recipe
Ingredients (makes 2/3 cup):
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¼ + 1 tbsp water
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- In a small sauce pan, combine raspberries, ¼ cup water and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let it cook at medium heat for about one minute.
- In the meant time, mix corn starch with 1 tablespoon of water until dissolved. Pour into raspberries mixing constantly. Bring to a boil then turn off heat. Set aside (sauce will thicken as it cools)